- All entries must be received by the noted deadline. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of En Pointe & Just Dance and will be charged an additional $10.00 per entry. Entries are limited and schedules are always challenging to put together so please be on time. Many thanks for your cooperation.
- All fees are due at the time that the online registrations are received. There should be one cheque per studio covering the entry fees for all entries from that studio. En Pointe & Just Dance will not accept individual cheques. E-transfers are also accepted.
- When registered online, it is understood that all participants and teachers have agreed to the waiver.
- Dancers cannot enter the same category twice. Should they wish to dance again, they must enter in the next highest category level. This rule also applies to group numbers if more than 80% of the dancers are in the same routines.
- The pieces that are entered in En Pointe & Just Dance must be appropriate for family viewing. At the discretion of the judges, entries that do not meet this standard will be disqualified. En Pointe & Just Dance reserves the right to refuse individual or studio entries at their discretion. If a number is disqualified, entry fees will not be refunded.
- Teachers, students and parents are not allowed to discuss any of the adjudicator’s comments or marks with the judges. All adjudicator’s decisions are final.
- In the event that there is a tie, the adjudicators will be asked to assess a final winner. All adjudicator’s decisions are final.
- Schedules can be viewed online through our website. A tentative schedule will be opened for viewing approximately 3-4 weeks before the festival date. Each studio should examine the tentative schedule closely to discover any scheduling difficulties. Please contact an En Pointe & Just Dance director as soon as possible to inform of any errors or conflicts. After changes have been made, a final schedule will be open for viewing closer to the date of the festival.
- Every effort is made to accommodate changes in scheduling, however, in certain circumstances, changes may not be possible. We will be unable to make any scheduling changes one week prior to the competition.
- All fees are refundable if organizers are informed before the initial first draft schedule is released. 50% of the fees are refundable if organizers are informed after the initial schedule and before the final schedule is released. Once the final schedule is announced, fees are non-refundable.
- The directors of En Pointe & Just Dance feel very strongly that all children participating in our event should have their privacy protected; therefore photography of ANY KIND is strictly prohibited in the theatre. This includes still photography with or without a flash and video taping. Should an audience member engage in such an activity, they will be asked to leave the theatre immediately.
- Smoking is not allowed in the theatre. Consumption of refreshments on the theatre premises is also restricted to specific areas. Please respect the rules of the individual theatres we use for our competition so that we may all be allowed to continue to use these terrific facilities.
- Please advise all students to refrain from bringing any food into the dressing rooms. We thank you on your co-operation in this matter.
- At the conclusion of the festival, all dressing rooms must be left CLEAN and UNDAMAGED. If damage should occur En Pointe & Just Dance will charge all studios sharing that particular dressing room a damage fee.
- Glitter, confetti, etc. may not be thrown onstage during the course of a number.
- Props may be used in any number, provided they can be moved on and off the stage quickly, and are free standing. Props that could pose any danger to anyone should not be used. Such props might be, but are not restricted to, flames fire, sharp objects, etc.
- We request that people setting props on stage do not wear any studio jacket, t-shirt, etc, that identifies them as being affiliated with a particular studio. Please inform festival staff, at the closing date of entries, if it will take more than one minute to set up your production number. Should this be the case we will schedule extra time for your set-up.
- If the stage does become littered with anything during the course of your number, please be prepared to clean it up immediately following your routine.
- During the course of the festival, pictures may be taken of the students and their teachers by festival staff. By taking part in the festival, all participants give permission for these photos to be used for the purposes of promotion, advertising etc.
- Upon participating in En Pointe & Just Dance it is agreed that teachers, competitors, parents and relatives will not hold En Pointe & Just Dance directors, employees, or anyone involved in the competition responsible or reliable for any damages, loss, or personal injury which they may sustain while participating in any activity connected with this competition, no matter how caused to either the contestant or spectators.
- Teachers must remember to pick up their music after the competition. En Pointe & Just Dance is not responsible for studio’s music, if forgotten at the theatre. En Pointe & Just Dance will not be responsible for mailing and shipping of music.
Any matters not dealt with in the list of rules should be referred to a director of En Pointe & Just Dance in whose sole decision all cases shall be final.